Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

  1. #1
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    2006 All-LPD Football Honors


    All-Lonesome Pine District for 2006

    Offensive Player of the Year: Ethan Stewart, 6-2, 198 Jr., J.I. Burton
    Offensive Back of the Year: Ethan Stewart, 6-2, 198 Jr., J.I. Burton
    Offensive Lineman of the Year: Jason Neely, 6-0, 275 Sr., Powell Valley
    Defensive Player of the Year: C.J. Phillips, 6-2, 210 Sr., Clintwood
    Defensive Back of the Year: Will Godsey, 6-1, 222 So., J.I. Burton
    Defensive Co-Linemen of the Year: C.J. Phillips, 6-2, 210 Sr., Clintwood and Josh Miles, 5-10, 217 Jr., J.I. Burton.
    Punter of the Year: Will Godsey, 6-1, 222 So., J.I. Burton
    Kicker of the Year: Derek Robbins, 5-10, 215 So., Clintwood
    Specialist of the Year: Chris Robinson, 6-0, 180 So., Clintwood
    Coaching Staffs of the Year:
    Division I: Jim Adams and Staff, J.I. Burton
    Division II: Phil Robbins and Staff, Powell Valley

    All-LPD First-Team Offense
    QB -- Ethan Stewart, 6-2, 198 Jr., J.I. Burton
    RB -- Brett Leedy, 6-2, 210 Jr., Appalachia
    RB -- Josh Miles, 5-10,l 217 Jr., J.I. Burton
    RB -- Chris Robinson, 6-0, 180 So., Clintwood
    RB -- Shane Bright, 5-10, 215 So., Coeburn
    RB -- Tyler Parks, 5-9, 205 So., Gate City
    WR -- Jaycob Coleman, 6-1, 175 So., J.I. Burton
    WR -- Delmas Lawson, 6-0, 195 Jr., Powell Valley
    WR -- Stephen Mumpower, 6-1, 165 Sr., Powell Valley
    OL -- Andy Sampson, 6-2, 190 Jr., Appalachia
    OL -- Jacob Rose, 5-9, 186 Sr., J.I. Burton
    OL -- Jarod Scalf, 6-4, 238 Sr., J.I. Burton
    OL -- C.J. Phillips, 6-2, 210 Sr., Clintwood
    OL -- Jon Pope, 6-2, 285 Sr., Gate City
    TE -- Adam Kiser, 6-4, 190 Sr., Appalachia
    C -- Jason Neeley, 6-0, 275 Sr., Powell Valley

    All-LPD First-Team Defense
    LB -- Will Godsey, 6-1, 222 So., J.I. Burton
    LB -- Derek Robbins, 5-10, 215 So., Clintwood
    LB -- Drew Hubbard, 5-10, 177 Sr., Pound
    LB -- Brian Murphy, 6-0, 210 Sr., Powell Valley
    DB -- Morgan Ireson, 5-9, 160 Jr., Appalachia
    DB -- Chris Robinson, 6-0, 180 So., Clintwood
    DB -- Stephen Mumpower, 6-1, 165 Sr., Powell Valley
    DL -- Kaleb Sullivan, 6-1, 210 Sr., Appalachia
    DL -- Cody McElroy, 6-0, 210 Sr., J.I. Burton
    DL -- C.J. Phillips, 6-2, 210 Sr., Clintwood
    DL -- Wes Isom, 6-0, 235 Sr., Powell Valley
    DE -- Josh Miles, 5-10, 217 Jr., J.I. Burton
    DE -- Joshua Spurlock, 6-4, 205 Sr., Powell Valley

    All-LPD Second-Team Offense
    QB -- Cedric Mitchell, Powell Valley
    RB -- Sammy Jessee, Appalachia
    RB -- Jaymil Sensabaugh, J.I. Burton
    RB -- Chris Strouth, Pound
    RB - Myron Pinkston, Powell Valley
    WR -- Morgan Ireson, Appalachia
    WR -- Jared Pugh, J.I. Burton
    WR -- Terrell Turner, Powell Valley
    OL -- Kaleb Sullivan, Appalachia
    OL -- Aaron Crabtree, J.J. Kelly
    OL -- Dustin Bentley, Powell Valley
    OL -- Jacob Thomas, Powelll Valley
    TE -- Will Godsey, J.I. Burton
    C -- Cody McElroy, J.I. Burton

    All-LPD Second-Team Defense
    LB -- Brett Leedy, Appalachia
    LB -- Skylar Peters, J.I. Burton
    LB -- Devan Sproles, J.J. Kelly
    LB - Trey Garrison, Powell Valley
    DB -- Michael Ramey, Clintwood
    DB -- Chad Leedy, Appalachia
    DB -- Jaycob Coleman, J.I. Burton
    DL -- Andrew Carter, Appalachia
    DL -- Trevor Hamm, Appalachia
    DL -- Courtland Gales, J.I. Burton
    DL -- Chris Fraley, Powell Valley
    DE -- Jarod Scalf, J.I. Burton
    DE -- Chris Strouth, Pound

    Honorable Mention
    Offense
    QB -- Cody Richardson, Appalachia and Tihlee Anderson, Gate City
    RB -- Jay Coleman, J.I. Burton; Derek Robbins, Clintwood; Devan Sproles, J.J. Kelly; Jeremy Gilliam, J.J. Kelly; Dakota Cantrell, Pound.
    WR -- Cordy Darnell, J.I. Burton; Corney Darnell, J.I. Burton; Tyler Mullins, Clintwood; Ryan Leal, Clintwood; Josh Lee, Coeburn; Caleb Stanley, Pound.
    OL -- Brad Hall, Appalachia; Coty Brummette, J.I. Burton; Russell Hall, Clintwood; Mikel Rose, Clintwood; Seth Hayes, Coeburn; Jake Jones, Gate City; Austin Crabtree, J.J. Kelly; Andrew Freeman, Pound; Casey Bentley, Powell Valley; Dustin Hayes, Coeburn; Drew Hubbard, Pound.
    TE -- Zac Clifton, J.J. Kelly
    C -- Jon Clark Teglas, Appalachia.

    Defense
    LB -- Johnny Deel, Corey Freeman, J.I. Burton; Nick Robinson, Devin Elswick, Alec Osborne, Clintwood; Tra Nixon, Coeburn; Eric Hutchins, Jordan Estepp, Gate City; Zac Clifton, J.J. Kelly; Andy Sampson, Appalachia; Myron Pinkston, Powell Valley.
    DL -- Tommy Adkins, Appalachia; Jake Carter, Josh Powers, Gate City.
    DB -- Jaymil Sensabaugh, J.I. Burton; Matt Dotson, J.J. Kelly; Devin Brickey, Appalachia; Travis Evans, Coeburn; Dustin Fleming, Pound; Malcolm Pinkston, Powell Valley.
    DE -- Jarrod Sampson, Appalachia; Deven Miller, Jeremy Gilliam, J.J. Kelly.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    Stewart deserves the offensive player of the year... but Skylar Peters was 2 times better than Godsey... check the stats again. Peters averaged at least 9 tackles a game.. What is wrong with this picture?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    I believe CW's coaching staff deserved Div II honors.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    Did you watch all of Norton's games this year [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

    Not taking anything away from Skylar because he had one helluva year for a Sophomore but Will deserved the 1st Team Linebacker, he is a very solid anchor at Middle Linebacker for us. Not for sure where you are getting your info.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    [ QUOTE ]
    I believe CW's coaching staff deserved Div II honors.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I second that
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    I watched every single one of them thank you.... except Rural Retreat game and Peters did not play due to illness... I am notr saying Godsey was not good... all I am saying is look at the stats... who had more tackles? who was in on more tackles? who caused more fumbles? who had mores sacks?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    [ QUOTE ]
    I believe CW's coaching staff deserved Div II honors.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I didn't want to be the first to say it.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    I would be more inclined to pick Robbins and PV.

    Unfortunately, there is no honorable mention for coaching staff. You also have to give credit to JJ Kelly's staff for making some great strides in turning that program around.


    [ QUOTE ]
    I believe CW's coaching staff deserved Div II honors.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    imo i think Johnny Deel deserved it more than Godsey and Peters
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 All-LPD Football Honors

    You can go by stats all you want, Will Godsey kicked close to 40 extra points this year but that doesn't mean he should make All-District Kicker over Derek Robbins does it, NO.

    Like I said I think Skylar played great all year. Since you have/know all the stats, what was the difference between the 2 so we can compare. How many more tackles did Skylar have than Will, it's not by many.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •